This holiday season, e-marketers have a lot on their hands when it comes to preparing for Q4. That’s why our team at NetElixir is sharing our secret to success with a helpful checklist for better performance and revenue into the new year. Continue reading to find out more!
How You Can Prepare at the Account Level:
- Take a backup file for your whole account (including bids, ads, keywords, extensions, etc.).
- Perform a complete configuration check of all the account, including tracking codes.
- Maintaining a backup credit card is always a good practice for the account.
Creative Content for Text Ads:
- Plan your promo calendar in advance so you know what to look forward to while staying ahead of the game.
- Make sure you plan Expanded Text Ads in advance. This will help you get a better idea of what you need to mention and push.
- Pre-schedule promotions and feed dates. For any promotional changes, upload ad copies in paused status with the updated promotion at least 24 hours prior to the event date.
- Maintain two ad copies per ad group using “Regular” and “Same Day Shipping” or another offer. Plus, you should have one mobile ad copy out there, too.
- You should use ad customizers for “Offer” ads or “Countdown” ads.
- Check on real-time ad positioning to stay updated on your holiday campaign.
Everything You Need to Know for the Keyword or Campaign Level:
- Create projects for certain weeks, while being thrifty about your budget. That way, the entire cost is maintained throughout a few weeks.
- Launch event-specific campaigns. For example, add Black Friday and Cyber Monday as negatives to your other campaigns.
- For bid changes, use ad scheduling bid adjustments.
- Check the PST time zone and make sure to transfer budgets from east to west regions.
- Perform late night feed uploads where purchases won’t be disrupted.
- Check automated rules wherever they run.
- Label your top performing keywords and measure metrics that don’t drop.
- Use Ad Group level mobile bidding.
- Review Year Over Year (YoY) comparisons for performance.
- The quality of traffic tends to be bad during peak seasons. Make sure you perform a Square-Inch Analysis daily.
- Regularly check competitor behavior. Affiliates may bid at that time.
- Review November to December YoY analysis with spend and revenue.
- Maintain a Google Analytics Dashboard with an hourly trend (Template Link).
- By taking the time to follow these simple guidelines, e-marketers everywhere should be ready for Q4.
- NetElixir cares about tracking and building your performance and revenue so that’s why we’ve put together this amazing checklist. Don’t make this holiday season more stressful than it already is!