With the Christmas holiday selling season quickly approaching, and with last year’s tremendous growth in mobile sales & traffic as indications of what is to come this year, there is no time like the present to re-think your paid search efforts on mobile devices, especially if you are not doing so today.
We compiled a top 10 list of reasons for retailers, both online and brick and mortar, to consider a mobile search engine advertising strategy. Some of these statistics came from NetElixir University’s latest research paper, Making Sense of the Hype Through Q2 Mobile Traffic Trends, while others come from our good friends at Google.
- Mobile paid search conversion rates are significantly higher regardless of mobile user experience.
- 93% of people who use mobile to research go on to make a purchase.
- 77% of all mobile searches are in locations with a PC nearby such as a home or office.
- 48% of mobile users considering a purchase start with a search
engine query; 74% say they used at least one search engine query
- 83% of people who use their smartphone to conduct a search in their home cite speed & convenience as primary reason for doing so.
- 76% of mobile searches occur after lunch, 40% occur after dinner.
- 1/3 of all shopping searches on Google happen between 10:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m.
- 20% of all mobile search queries are product focused.
- Shopping oriented mobile queries are 2.14 times more likely to occur inside a store.
- 49% of mobile searches lead to direct interaction with a retailer (site, store or phone).
If you have any questions on this data, please call our Director of Analytics, Don Rodriguez, at 609-356-5112 x103.