Teacher Appreciation Week recognizes the service and dedication of our teachers to ensure that students everywhere get the education and tools they need to succeed. Now more than ever, our teachers are valuable assets in continuing to educate and support students.
But if the coronavirus crisis has shown us anything, it’s that there is always more to learn about ourselves, each other, and the world around us.
As Kaki Zell, Co-Owner and Vice President of Ames Walker said in our webinar on April 23, “We’ve learned a lot about the strength and dedication of not just our employees, but our entire country. From front line health care workers, supply chain, manufacturers, government leaders, it is just amazing to watch everyone work together to try and help one another.”
Being fully informed allows us to make competent decisions for effective business operations and to ensure the safety of all those involved. We need to stay updated with real-time data and insights for a better understanding of how to best move forward.
By actively sharing knowledge, we can plan for success and emerge from this crisis stronger, together. We are all continually learning, perpetual students.
Expert Webinar Series
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, NetElixir has launched a new, monthly webinar series called X=Experience: Expert Series. Here, we will feature top academics and industry leaders from around the world. Our webinar series is an extension of our annual X=Experience event, held at the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ. X=Experience is a two-day knowledge-sharing and executive networking event that brings together leading minds from academia and the retail industry for a collaborative open discussion on innovation.
Real-time data shows us the flux of business trends and the impact on sales and shopping behavior. Expert thinkers provide valuable, unique insights into an array of studies that can provide an unexpected source of information into business strategies and leadership. These thinkers inspire us with new perspectives and ideas, to help us plan for a better tomorrow. With an understanding of broader contexts, global research, and the multiple variables that can influence businesses, we can learn the intersection of thought, strategy, and data for better planning and understanding.
Our first expert is Anindya Ghose, the Heinz Riehl Chair Professor of Business and Director of the Masters of Business Analytics Program at NYU’s Stern School of Business. On Tuesday, May 12 at 2 PM ET, Ghose will present on Leveraging AI, Data, and Tech Platforms To Understand Health Pandemics. Ghose will discuss:
- How tech has been used for predictive analytics in Covid-19 cases and models
- Using random sampling, genomic science, and AI-based nanosensor to identify undetected or asymptomatic cases
- Debate between public good and civil liberties in regards to privacy regulations and trade-off
Our Expert Series gives you an exclusive opportunity for a live Q&A with these leading thinkers. You can join our community by sharing #KnowledgeInspires.
In the wake of recognizing April as our month of Gratitude, NetElixir is naming May as our month of Learning. We will have different team members share what they are passionate about. We do this to stay connected as we continue to work from home, but also to learn more about each other and different non-work related skills we have that make us who we are.
Our Covid-19 Updates Webinar series can be viewed in its entirety. The schedule is as follows:
- March 11: The first of the series on tracking the impact of the coronavirus on ecommerce sales and online shopping behavior
- March 26: Meet our first Retail Superhero, Parag Shah, the Vice President of Grocery at Wakefern Food Corporation for Shoprite. Learn over a month’s worth of research
- April 9: Our third update featured UPS’s President of SMB and US Marketing, Gerard Gibbons, for a live Q&A
- April 23: We detailed over two months’ worth of research. We introduced Kaki Zell, Co-Owner and Vice President of Ames Walker for a story of innovation in the apparel industry
While we have covered an extensive dataset, it is by no means exhaustive. Please email us at email@example.com for specifics into your category.
Learn More about Ecommerce Updates During Coronavirus
You can join the conversation on social media using #NxInsights.
For further reading, you can see our prior retail analytics updates on retail ecommerce and online shopping behavior:
- Brief Ecommerce Sales Updates, from Friday, May 1
- Brief Retail Analytics Updates Amid Coronavirus Outbreak, from Wednesday, April 29
- Apparel Industry Leader Weighs in on Impact of Coronavirus Outbreak, from Monday, April 27
- Retail ECommerce Throughout the Coronavirus Outbreak: April Updates, from Friday, April 24
- New Online Shoppers During the Coronavirus Outbreak, from Wednesday, April 22