2013 Holidays are unique because of 2 reasons –
- There are 6 less shopping days between Thanksgiving and Christmas (the shortest runway since 2002).
- Online sales trends this year have been unpredictable, both in their “highs and lows”, often making predictions irrelevant.
One thing can be safely predicted though.. a short runway to Christmas will most definitely lead to more intense competition than ever before.
At NetElixir, we have been conducting holiday search marketing trends and consumer insights research since 2008. We have identified some “lead indicators (trends)” that enable higher holiday forecast accuracy.
- Some of these lead indicators are:
- Impact of strong back to school sales.
- “Bundling of sales” around key promotions.
- Holiday sales, search trends for 2008-2012.
As a part of the NetElixir University initiative, we are conducting a webinar on September 20th (2pm-2.30pm EST) sharing our insights and more importantly, the holiday calendar. The holiday calendar forecasts sales intensity as well as estimated Y/Y CPC inflation on a day-by-day basis from Nov 27-Dec 20, 2013. Marketers can use this information to plan their holiday search marketing promotions more effectively as well as allocate marketing dollars more efficiently.
Register now for this webinar: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/233020992