- The Hummingbird update actually happened 1 month ago; Google just announced it yesterday (September 26th)
- If you haven’t seen drops in rankings yet – you probably won’t, since the update has already been live for some time
- Any speculation about algorithm updates (August 21st, September 4th, etc.) can be attributed to this update
- Nothing has been dropped from the algorithm – i.e. site speed is still a very large part of rankings
- Google is trying to deliver results faster and even more accurate
- The update is geared toward ‘conversational’ searches – like how you would speak a question into your iPhone. Google is trying to identify the ‘meaning’ behind the words – not only trying to match words to searches
Share your thoughts about the new update with us!