In today’s session of #SEOWeek, Shawn Swaim, Global Head of SEO, and Christie Labarca, SEO Manager, discussed the importance of having a mobile-friendly web presence for your brand. Watch the video below so you can gain some insight on factors that affect ranking, page load speed, user experience, and more. Best of all, you’ll gain knowledge on best practices you can implement for a more mobile-friendly site.
Here’s some key takeaways:
- 50% of local searches made by users result in a visit to a store the following day. 18% of these result in a purchase.
- 82% of shoppers research purchases they’re making, at the exact moment they’re in a physical store.
- In the USA, 94% of people with smartphones search for local information on their phones.
- 77% of mobile searches occur at home or at work, places where desktop computers are likely to be present.
- The recommended page load time is one second or less.
- For a better user experience, avoid avoid Interstitials, overlays, and pop-ups!
- In a nutshell, Google’s search algorithm constantly changes as user behavior changes.
Join us for Day 4 tomorrow from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. EST as we explore the world of Technical SEO.