This holiday season, e-marketers have a lot on their hands when it comes to preparing for Q4. That’s why our team at NetElixir is sharing our secret to success with a helpful checklist for better performance and revenue into the new year. Continue reading to find out more!
How You Can Prepare at the Account Level:
- Take a backup file for your whole account (including bids, ads, keywords, extensions, etc.).
- Perform a complete configuration check of all the account, including tracking codes.
- Maintaining a backup credit card is always a good practice for the account.
Creative Content for Text Ads:
- Plan your promo calendar in advance so you know what to look forward to while staying ahead of the game.
- Make sure you plan Expanded Text Ads in advance. This will help you get a better idea of what you need to mention and push.
- Pre-schedule promotions and feed dates. For any promotional changes, upload ad copies in paused status with the updated promotion at least 24 hours prior to the event date.
- Maintain two ad copies per ad group using “Regular” and “Same Day Shipping” or another offer. Plus, you should have one mobile ad copy out there, too.
- You should use ad customizers for “Offer” ads or “Countdown” ads.
- Check on real-time ad positioning to stay updated on your holiday campaign.
Everything You Need to Know for the Keyword or Campaign Level:
- Create projects for certain weeks, while being thrifty about your budget. That way, the entire cost is maintained throughout a few weeks.
- Launch event-specific campaigns. For example, add Black Friday and Cyber Monday as negatives to your other campaigns.
- For bid changes, use ad scheduling bid adjustments.
- Check the PST time zone and make sure to transfer budgets from east to west regions.
- Perform late night feed uploads where purchases won’t be disrupted.
- Check automated rules wherever they run.
- Label your top performing keywords and measure metrics that don’t drop.
- Use Ad Group level mobile bidding.
- Review Year Over Year (YoY) comparisons for performance.
- The quality of traffic tends to be bad during peak seasons. Make sure you perform a Square-Inch Analysis daily.
- Regularly check competitor behavior. Affiliates may bid at that time.
- Review November to December YoY analysis with spend and revenue.
- Maintain a Google Analytics Dashboard with an hourly trend (Template Link).
- By taking the time to follow these simple guidelines, e-marketers everywhere should be ready for Q4.
NetElixir cares about tracking and building your performance and revenue so that’s why we’ve put together this amazing checklist. Don’t make this holiday season more stressful than it already is!